The start: Registration of the doctorate (admission)
If you are interested in a doctoral degree in our school, interested applicants must:
- fulfill the formal requirements specified by the General Doctoral Regulations of the University Erlangen-Nürnberg (RPromO) and the Faculty Doctoral Regulations (FPromO), such as having completed a Master’s degree in either a business and/or social sciences related subject and having passed the final examinations of that degree at their home university. College graduates with a diploma degree in Business Administration, or related degree programmes including doctorates, are required to undergo an aptitude test (Section 3 of the Doctoral Regulations attached) as a prerequisite for registration and admission to a doctoral programme. Another key admission requirement is a minimum grade of 2.5 and at least 5 ECTS points in economics in your previous studies. For further admission requirements please have a look at the Doctoral Regulations attached.
- contact a member of the school and convince her or him to be the supervisor for your doctoral thesis. We are sorry, but we cannot help you in the search for a supervisor. In order to find a suitable chair for your research focus, you can orient yourself by the chairs of the institutes at our School, which can be found at https://www.wiso.rw.fau.eu/school/institutes-and-chairs/.
As soon as you have found a supervisor, please register in www.docdaten.fau.de. At the end of the online registration process, you will receive the application for admission to the doctoral program. Please have your supervisor sign it and send it to us with the required documents (curriculum vitae, copies of Bachelor’s and Master’s certificates with Transcript of Records, criminal record certificate if the applicant is not employed by the German public service) by internal or external mail. The title of the thesis is a working title and must only be final at the end of the dissertation.
For the first meeting with your supervisor, we recommend that you familiarize yourself with the check list for good practice for supervising and completing work on qualifications .
You can enrol voluntarily at the university during your doctorate. Matriculation takes place in Erlangen at certain times.
In order to enrol for your doctoral studies you need
- the online registration of the doctoral research project at docdaten.fau.de.
- the printed and signed enrolment application from the online application at campo.fau.de.
- your identity card or passport to enrol in a doctoral study programme.
- proof of statutory health insurance or exemption from compulsory insurance (only required if you are younger than 30). Please contact the responsible health insurance company.
- a confirmation of your doctorate at FAU, i.e. proof of your status as a doctoral student (after admission, this proof can be found in docDaten under “Documents”).